Build Over Agreement Thames Water Guidance

Wells also cannot be built due to the increased risk of flooding and odourless wells. Whenever possible, wells should be removed and watered. If it is not possible to build a well outside a building, we can discuss alternatives if we receive your application. Without our permission, your local authority may not provide a building permit certificate. This could create problems if you are trying to sell your property, as a buyer`s lawyer might tell them that the building has been expanded without our permission above or near a sewer. To find out whether or not you are eligible for a self-certified agreement, complete the questionnaire on the Thames Water Build Over website (link above). Or ask us! If you are building within three metres of a public sewer (a pipe that serves more than one piece of land), you must apply to Thames Water. How do you know if you have public pipes within 3 m of your property? You don`t have an X-ray. How do you know what`s hiding under your garden furniture and flower beds? Well, there are a few options available to you to find out. If you have a lot of time, you can visit your city council and check out their canal maps. Alternatively, you can pay for an “asset search” from the Thames Water Property Searches team to determine if your plants are within 3 meters of a public sewer. These fees may vary a bit, but for a typical Victorian terrace, it sits around the £60 mark.

Another possibility is to wait for your client to start the work on site. Once the pipes are uncovered, most contractors can tell you if you have a public or private sewer. Interestingly, there is a part of the app that asks if your work has started in the field. You won`t be punished for starting before you file your application, but you run a small risk of Thames Water asking for changes to your plans. You do not need our permission if you are building outside of these distances. We are happy to review your plans and give you written confirmation if you are unsure. Read more details. If you are building on top of or near a domestic sewer with a diameter of less than or 160 mm and you can prove that your plans pose a low risk to the pipe, we may be able to grant a self-certified construction agreement. How much does the app cost? It depends on the size of the sewers and whether your property is residential or commercial.

Diameter Property Type Cost Up to 160 mm (6″) Housing £343 Up to 160 mm (6″) Trade £687 Class 2,160 mm (6″) to 375 mm (15″) Every £687 Class 3 Over 375 mm (15″) including All £1,300 * * There is also a lawyer`s fee for entering into an agreement for very large sewers, which is normally in the £500 range. If you apply online, you can pay with your credit or debit card. If you apply by mail, you can send us a cheque to Thames Water Utilities Ltd with your application form. Please make sure that the site address is on the back of the check. You can also pay with a credit or debit card. We will then contact you to make the payment by phone. If you plan to build on top of or near the pipes, there are some precautions you need to take. The process depends on the ability of the pipes to transport drinking water or wastewater. All pipes near the site can impact the design, so it`s best to know where the pipes are if you`re planning to avoid delays and additional costs. If you`re not sure how to do it, we`re here to help.

For more information about related and unasyed pipes, see below. If you have a construction agreement for a budget sewer with a diameter not exceeding 160 mm (6″), you can continue the authorized work. Don`t worry, just fill as much of the app as possible with as much detail as possible, even if they are very simple….