Paye Settlement Agreement Reference

For more information, please visit – or talk to your usual watts hate contact. You need your PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA) Reference Number. It starts with an X and is sent to the HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) payslip. PAYE Billing Agreements (PAYA) are voluntary agreements that allow employers to pay taxes and social security contributions (NIC) on behalf of their employees. They are also useful when reporting benefits on P11D forms would be administratively binding. Don`t use your Pay Accounts Office reference number. Your payment may be delayed if you use the wrong reference. If you have any doubts, we advise you to contact the employer helpline HMRC on 0300 200 3200 to confirm your PSA payment reference as soon as possible and to ensure that you have your PAYE reference number at your fingertips. Make your cheque payable to HM Revenue and Customs only, followed by your PSA reference number. It starts with an X and is on the payroll.

If your client does not have his PSA reference number or is unsure of the action to take, he should contact the PSA team on 0300 322 7077. You must use your PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA) reference number as a payment reference. The unique reference number of the customer account, which appears on EPI`s confirmation letter, must be indicated at the time of payment. This means that employers do not have a letter from HMRC confirming the amount to be paid, the payment and, what is essential, the payment reference. This reference is specific to each employer and each tax year. When paying, your customers should make sure they indicate their PSA reference number, shown on their PSA confirmation letter. You should not use your PAYE account to make your PSA payment. This is due to the fact that payments received with the PayE account item are assigned to their normal PAYE account and continue to receive warnings for PPE payment while they have paid. When payment, debtors must provide their unique customer account reference number, which appears on their EPI confirmation letter. You must continue to use a payment reference, even if HMRC has not sent you a confirmation letter.